Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good machine shop in the San Jose California area to redrill my IRS spindles and new rear disks, any suggestions.

Thanks

Gara

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Breeze offers this service. Machining the Hubs 5 on 4.5" for the Dormann #610-252 Studs as supplied by FFR, is P/N 90036, Price is $30 per hub. Machining rotors to match is P/N 90038, Price is $20 per rotor. If you'd like Breeze to supply the made in USA T-bird replacement rotors the P/N is 31048, price is $44 each.
(plus return shipping and sales tax if Massachusetts ship-to address)

I'm all for buying new, however it is my understanding (we've not done this) that the Cobra rear hub center boss is a larger diameter than the T-Bird rotor. No problemo if you are going to the larger Mustang Cobra rear rotor. If you are going with the T-bird rotor then the center hole may need to be enlarged. Anybody have a comment on this?

Hope that helps!

Mark Reynolds
Breeze Automotive
508 533 6455

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
A lot of guys, me included, have had problems trying to do it locally. I'd recommend shipping them off to Mark or to John Lisman unless you have a local guy you really trust.

My $0.02

Forrest

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Hey Mark,

Can you guys do driveshaft shortening as well?

Brendan

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Brendan,

We only offer all new high speed balanced units from Denny's. (our #70032, $225)

We found that considering the labor cost, that as a business it is not worth having used driveshafts shortened.

Factor in new u-joints, sandblasting your used yokes, possibly needing to replace a worn slip yoke (transmission lip seal eventually wears a groove)and maybe even a rusty tube, one trip to drop off and one to pick up the shaft at a driveshaft service, wondering how good a job they have done with balancing and so on.

So even if someone was to hand me a used shaft for free, I'd still just order a new one and have it be there on the porch one day when I got home from work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts