Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Mac Headers.Where to buy ceramic coated??

347 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Stu Spencer 
#1 ·
Need to order the mac unequal length headers (1 5/8) Can anyone suggest a place to buy them..Would like it ceramic coated and at a fair price..Thank you

#3 ·
If you want them coated, take a serious look at getting the Ford Racing headers. You can get them already coated. They are better built and stainless, for a similar price to MACs after you figure in the cost of coating.

Call Mike Forte.

#6 ·
Any NAME brand header will fit fine.For long term perfomance and quality apperance you will want to find a header made from Stainless steel and that has a ceramic coating.The
difference now will be worth it next season.Mac's are made of mild steel with no ceramic coating.I have used Mac headers in the past(with no short term problems).Now I am using Ford stainless headers.Both fit fine,but I perfer the stainless.

#7 ·
We carry the Mac header because of fit problems with other brands not all exit in the same spot and the j pipes won't line up. The Mac headers come with a Hi temp coating on them already it is not as pretty as the ceramic coating Luis at Hot Shot does but it works and they fit!!. ;)

#9 ·
MAc headers are what i call single use headers. They fit fine the first time but once they have been used then removed they will never line up again. I have had several sets and always the same thing. The individual flanges move around. Paying to get a set of these ceramic coated would be like getting a paper plate gold plated.

#10 ·
A paper plate gold-plated, that is a good one ;) .

I have the Flowtech 1-5/8" unequals. They fit fine, but the ceramic isn't the best I've seen. I also have the FMS which are going on my Mustang and they seem to be better, except for all the extra weld I have to grind out of the tubes.

#11 ·
I have the MACS for the "P" heads and had the ceramic coated. They don't have individual flanges so there hasn't been any re-fit problems.

However, I just looked up the FMS units in my catalog and they're only $315 list. I would definitely go with them over the MACS for that price.

Ben

[ December 10, 2002, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: n559br ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.