Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have a few questions for those of you who have built a FFR using a donor in MA and gone through the inspection process.

1.)What parts are inspected other than the engine and transmission?

2.) What is the transmission has been replaced by one of the previous owners?

2.) What if the donor has aftermarket bolt on parts like an intake, throttle body, headers, etc? Will there be any issues if using these parts on the FFR without receipts?

·
3,212 Posts
I was told by the SP at the Bridgewater facility that I needed the title to the donor to make sure it wasn't reported as stolen. In my case I used a new shortblock and tranny, so they won't be checking those against the VIN # of the donor. If the engine or tranny in your donor have been changed, I believe they are going to ask for some form of proof that the new parts are not stolen. As far as aftermarket parts on the donor, they simply told me to make up a list of those parts and any other parts (rear end, fuel tank, pedal box, etc.) and indicate that they were on the donor when I purchased it. I'd strongly suggest that you get your paperwork in order and make a visit to the inspection facility that you plan to use. Its better to have any issues identified a few months before you are due for inspection, then you'll have time to address them.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
I titled the Mustang donor and drove it for two years. In that time I turned the stock motor into a copy of the FMS crate motor. No questions about the updates during the inspection. Everything else Shep hit dead on.

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers guys.

Shep - I still need to check the #'s but I will probably follow in your footsteeps and buy a new tranny and shortblock after selling the donor's.

John - thanks for the insight on the aftermarket parts. I didn't think they would be interested in them as there is no way to track if they are stolen or not. I will have receipts for 90% of the parts, there are just a few odds and ends on the donor that I will be sure to document on my spreadsheet.

Jim - I will try and give you a call on Saturday

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi vortechsq,
I stock both the Ford Racing shortblock and many Tremec TKOs and have the TKO 500 on special right now. As for FORD RACING parts I dropship many FREIGHT FREE.
Call me with any questions.
Mike Forte

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike,

I will most definitely be in touch with you when the time is right. I'm getting my donor this week and will begin the teardown. Once I determine what I need I will be in touch. I'm a fan of the free drop shipping as I'm sure it will save me a few rides from Middleboro.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts