Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the plug for the Lucas wiper motor? I see that Quality Roadsters has a harness with the plug for $75, but I only need the plug.

Thanks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Charlie, I'm in the same situation,just need the plug to the car wiring. So far I'm using the female spade connecters from NAPA. Good luck, Randy Richards

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
I am at this part also and would also rather use the correct plug rather than the spade connectors.
Todd

·
Senior Charter Member
559 Posts
Give Mike Mack a shout @ Tri-State Motorsports.
717-859-5487

He shipped me a Lucas plug last year.

I planned on making my own harness but a trip to Napa Auto and radio shack proved fruitless.

I was unable to locate the correct size spade connector that would fit the Lucas plug.

Before I got a chance to hit a Foreign Auto parts store to see if the had the correct size spade connector, a buddy called and offered me an original Lucas Harness from his 72' MG parts car. (Free)

Perhaps someone could post the correct spade connector size for the Lucas Plug.

A new harness is definately the way to go.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
The spades on the Lucas wiper motor connector are 3/16". NAPA has the correct size. And, since they are coated with nylon, thay are fully insulated. They work fine. p/n 784459

[ January 25, 2004, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: PAB ]

·
I built it myself
641 Posts
Paul is right on the spade size for the lucas wiper motor, it's 3/16". I bought the insulated ones but then pulled off the insulation in favor of a double shrink wrap. I crimped on the connectors with both 1/8" and 3/16" shrink wrap on the wire. Pushed up the 1/8" and heated it then a longer piece of 3/16" over that. I gave each connector a squeeze with the pliers just to make them nice and tight. Used needle nose pliers to insert them into the socket then for good measure covered the whole set of wires with 1/2" shrink wrap. Used a 3/8" grommet through the fire wall for protection from shorting. I'll bet my connector will last longer and be more reliable than anything lucas makes. Here's a picture. Regards, Rick

·
Senior Charter Member
559 Posts
Sorry about my Lucas Wiper Plug Confusion.
The Plug I purchased was the “harness side” plug.

Here is a shot of the Lucas “Harness side” (Male) Plug that I was referring too that fits into the Lucas wiper motor (Female) Plug.

http://www.ffrcobra.com/CaptAl/CaptAl-1.html

What is needed is the Spade Connector size for the Lucas Harness side plug in order to construct a Plug and Play wiring harness.

·
Senior Charter Member
768 Posts
I received my plug from finishline when I bought my wiper setup from them. Only problem is I can't find the right terminals to fit the plug now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts