Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16,319 Posts
Sure it can be done, but you are changing the part that holds the ring gear, and is also responsible for preload on the side plate bearings. This is not usually a plug and play type of part change. The process to set this up correctly can be time consuming and I would recommend that you take the transaxle to someone that knows what they are doing. There is neccessarily some putting together and then taking back apart of the transaxle to do this right. This expert probably will not want to do the work with the transaxle in the car. Just an FYI. :)

· Registered
231 Posts
NOT a good idea. I wholeheartedly agree with Crash on this. Do not try to do this yourself. Take this to someone who knows what they are doing for installation. Improper installation can result in ring and pinion damage which is VERY expensive to replace.

Give me a call when you have time and I will try to help you find someone close to give you hand with this.

Erik Johnson
GBox LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

· Junior Charter Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely was not going to do this myself. I was just curious if it could be done. There is a local Porsche race shop that said they could install. I just haven't asked about the trans in or out of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.