Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I read a post about this months ago but can't locate it. It looks like I need to get my 93 302 with Trick Flow Heads as low as possible to clear the FFR 4X4's. They are virtually level but close to an inch to high. I'm not anxious to start opening my cutouts. What do I need to get the thing lower?
Thanks

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
I believe solid motor mounts are the ticket. I was the one that had the problem. I have the energy urethane mounts and my headers were a bit too high for the cutouts. In the end, I trimmed the fiberglass a bit and is fine.

HTH,

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Chuck, are "Energy" solid mounts?
I didn't want to go solid to get it down low.
Going solid is making the car less streetable.

·
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Dan...That's it! I remember seeing your post and thought "crap, I hope that doesn't happen to me"
Can anyone give a report on the difference in "feel" from solid to urethane? We are talking about 2,100 lbs, a 325HP engine and 4X4's. If there is a real difference can't we have the pipes cut and rewelded?
Thanks to all

·
4.6 Terminator Trailblazer
1,743 Posts
Solid motor mounts worry me cause of vibrations. With solid diff mounts already, I'm not sure if I would want solid mounts, could be a teeth rattling experiance. Anyone out there with experience with solid motor mounts???

·
541 Posts
I've got solids on the engine, poly on the trans, drops the engine about 1.5 inches. I have noticed no discernable difference - same amount of vibration and as loud and obnoxious as ever.

·
Junior Charter Member
422 Posts
I know the 87-93' convertible mounts are lower, and captive. I just don't know if they are lower than what you have now.

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Physics,
You really don't want solid tranny AND engine mounts.
What you'll be doing with that combination is turning your drivetrain into a "stressed" member.
You don't want your engine/tranny to get involved in the loads applied to the primary structure of the car. They were never designed for it.
I know, I know, guys are doing it and getting away with it and that's probably because the FFR frame is so stiff and the few who have done it haven't accumulated many miles.
At any rate, it's not a good idea.

HTH,

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts