Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you lower the roll bar by simply taking an inch or two from all three points? it seems to me that the rear angled tube would not match up... thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
If you want to lower it more than 3/4" or so, you'll have to relocate the rear mount and the hole in the body. There are several threads in the archives detailing exactly how it's been done by others. Some claim that a slight height reduction of 1/2 to 3/4 inch can be done with sheer force, but they must be alot stronger than me.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
I lowered mine 1.5". Very simple to do. I cut off the back leg and rewelded it in the correct location. The back leg lines up a whole lot better now than when it arrived from FFR.

The back legs gets moved forward and to the center of the car just a little bit.

Mike O.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts

Lowered 2" with 2" FunFord drop butt mod. Enlarge the 3rd leg hole. I was able to cover the old screw holes for the trim ring for the 3rd leg by careful placement and redrilling the screw holes. Hoop trim rings were exactly the same place. Note that I've mechanically connected the 3rd leg but am not relying on it to work as a rollbar. I do not track this car and have run it for some years with no rollbar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts