Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
A piece of exhaust tubing will work fine. You can put a slight flare on the ends to keep the hose from blowing off under pressure.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
It is aluminum, and if you did not get yours with the kit, just call the factory and let them know.
If you don't want to go that route there is a hose that is one piece that fits also. I would have to contact a guy in our group to get the part number, but there is one out there.

There you go Sergio beat me to it and had the number also.
Todd

·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys! Off to AutoZone.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,526 Posts
Sergio, I was looking for a link to your photos when you posted. Will be changing hoses while the car is up in the air. So, I too will be off to AZ.

·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
4,318 Posts
You need a LH or LS or somthing like that before the #. Just go back and look in their LARGE HOSE selection you will find it and it works great.
They can't figure it out when you tell them it is a lower radiator hose, so ask to go look

·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Called AutoZone this am. The part number is XL1023. They have it in stock for about $16. Oddly enough, they don't know what car it was designed to fit either! I told them it is specific to a 2007 FFR Roadster.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
If that's the same hose I bought, it will work, but it's a bitch to get onto the waterpump. That end of the hose is just a bit smaller than the water pump inlet, so you need to use some soapy water to get it on.

I also used one of my wrenches to stretch the hose end just a bit...still a total PITA to get it on, but it's a much better solution than the 2 piece hose.

·
985 Posts
I bought that one also, but I never was able to get it on the water pump. It appears that the water pump is 1.75" and the hose is 1.5". Good luck.

·
Charter Member
736 Posts
Man, I thought it was just me. I simply could not get that hose on the waterpump of my 302. I ended up using 36" of the flexible hose from E-bay.

·
4,318 Posts
Stick the water pump end in boiling water and get it hot. then run out and put it on.

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Has anybody had any luck cross referencing the OEM application for this hose?

I don't have an Autozone, and parts guys here are like those everywhere else, the computer asks "what make of car is it for???"

Most people up my way don't inventory a huge selection of hoses to look through, so it would be a big help if I could figure out what to ask for.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Dayco cross reference for this hose is as such:

1994-2001 Dodge Ram with 5.9/360 engine, upper hose

1994-2001 Dodge Ram with 5.2/318 engine, upper hose

Maybe someone can find this hose through a Dayco cross reference...

On the Dayco site it shows these specs:
Hose Diameter: single
Trunk Height: 26-inches
Ends: 1 15/32 (both)

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you want that Autozone hose to fit fairly easy on the water pump soap up a two inch trailer hitch ball and slide on the hose. Let it set for a few hours and you will have it ready to install. My thoughts and experience on the issue!

John T.

·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
John T.,
Great tip! The 2" trailer ball did the trick.

Now I have another problem. The hose is too short. I can get it on the radiator and the pump but it is tight and collapsed under the X brace. :(
Could my radiator be tie wrapped too high?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just spray the inside end of the hose with D-40 and it goes on easily.

John S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts