Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a low-profile jack that will fit under the FFR? I want to go to a store and buy one today, and not worry about shipping.

Walmart, Sears, Pepboys?

·
Registered
122 Posts
For the garage or for the trunk? That will make a huge difference in the group's recommendations.

Assuming you mean for travel, I was taking a good look at the stock jack in my Volvo. It's like a scissor screw-operated jack, but it's only half the size and folds up into itself. It easily compresses to 2.5" or 3" and extends as high as you would ever want a roadster on the side of the road. These jacks have been around Volvo for a while, so the chances of finding one seem good.

Just my .02

·
FFCobra Fanatic
690 Posts
I got mine from Cal Car Cover, billet aluminium, closed about 1.5" extends pretty far, way too expensive, near $250 I think

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
Somewhere in my distant and foggy memory I think I saw an ad for an inflatable jack. You stuck the bag under the frame and put the inflation tube on the exhaust of the car. Am I dreaming this up or do they really exist? If they exist do they work? Seems like you could fold this up nice and small to fit into the trunk. I carry a tire plug kit and a can of fix-a-flat but if the flat is bad enough that the bead is broken I'll be damned if I can figure out how I'll get the wheel off the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
You might want to look at Harbor Freight Search for part # 47246. I have one of these on backorder. Haven't seen the actual jack yet but it looks like it would work great for the FFR

[ June 13, 2002, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: ChuckR ]

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just took the wheels off of my Sears floor jack. Barely makes it under the frame, but works very well, and is very inexpensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts