Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas-

Isn't the oil pressure sensor downstream from the oil filter on a 302? If so, and if my oil lines are plumbed backwards, wouldn't the filter bypass flap create little or no pressure on the sensor (while admittedly, there would be approximately 60 psi on the oil pump side of the restriction)? So having good pressure (40psi warm idle, 60 psi cold idle), isn't that ok?

-Chip

·
Charter Member
1,495 Posts
I did exactly that. Did'nt notice that the the inlet/outlets on the oil filter relocator were not straight through. Engine would build pressure till it hit the check valve, and then drop to nothing. Scarred the hell out of me till I found the problem. Rule of thumb is 10# oil pressure per 1000RPM's. Mike

·
Daily Driver since 2/03
995 Posts
I too double checked the oil lines and thought they were right. I then tried to prime the oil pump and was getting no pressure on the guage. After checking the guage wiring, I went and double checked on my double check. This time, put my finger on the hose, move it in the direction of the arrow, get to the filter, does the arrow go with me or point to me? Yep, it was backwards. Switched them, and the priming was a snap. I then ran the drill for 2 minutes just to be sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts