Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Fanatic
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right I started my wiring diet.
I uses FORD wiring diagram for 1989 Ford Mustang and references below are related to it.

Rear harness -> Done - No ("apparent") issues.
Front Harness -> Done - No ("apparent") issues.
Engine Harness -> Not yet ...

Main Harness -> Things are started to get a little bit tricky :
When I was going through some of the wires I have to cut I ended up into the plugs for the "low fluid module".
There are two plugs (Location A20 in the diagram):
1 gray : 8 pins (seven used)
- 42 R/W (20)
- 57 BK (20)
- 215 Y/BK (20)
- 208 GY (20)
- 82 PK/Y (20)
- 298 P/O (18)
- 640 R/Y (20)
1 dark Green : 8 pins (4 used)
- 258 W/PK (20)
- 794 LB (20)
- 793 Y/(BK)
- 106 LB (20)

My problem is that when I remove the harness from the donor I labbeled every plug and keep the modules/relays/... attached to the plug when possible.
For these 2 plugs I labelled "Not connected" and therefore nothing is connected to them from the donor mustang.

So, my problem is that I do not know what this module is suppose to do. Did I missed anything from my donor ? Can I go ahead and cut those wires ?

Thanks a lot,

Geoff.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
Was your donor a Mustang GT? The low fluid module was only installed on GTs, not on LX 5.0Ls. The GY and W/PK also went to the Low Oil Warning Relay, which was installed on all 5.0Ls.

·
Forum Fanatic
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was a LS. That explain why.

For the GY and W/PK if I understand correctly I cut them from the plug but ar one point at the harness they should join to the one for the Low oil warning relay. For the other one I can discard.
Correct ?

Thanks,

Geoff.

·
Forum Fanatic
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul,

I do not know if I will install low oil level light for the moment so I will keep the relay for know and related circuits. As it is clearly identified in the harness no big deal to remove it later.

Thanks again,

Geoff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts