Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is in the Air Force, and just the nature of the military, she got orders. Years ago one could be stationed ( like my self) at an Air Force base for 10 or 12 years
Thinks have change A LOT... With the war going on, and the hunt on in Afganastan, things change quite quicky.
Looks like we are Going to D.C.. Base housing does not condone unregistired vehicles, and they have no garages anyway ( just car ports)... That is when we can get on base due to a large waiting list. The rent in DC is OUTRAGOUS, and it is out of the question to rent a storage space or garage to work in......
SO... My kit has to go.. I can tell you that I am not happy at all about this, but I did sign up for the "military spouse duty" so it is all with the territory. My wife did it when I was in the first war in 91', so I guess it all gets back around.
Anybody looking for a smoking deal on a MKIII kit ? I will be listing just the complet unbuilt kit in the Classifieds in just a few. $9500, Its only 4 months old !
Looks like I'll be moving into a 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra for now.. 390 Horse Supercharged, and a 6 speed should keep the fire burning for a while..
Anyway... I will build again in the future, maybe a new MK4??
Many Many for ALL of your help, posts, criticism, and fun. Arnold quote " I'll Be baack"

PhD

·
Slowest Builder in NY
455 Posts
Geesh, I would try to contact a FFR family member in that area to see if some knid of arangement could be made. Who knows - you may find alot of "build helpers" pop up.

Thank you for your and your wife's service to our country!

·
Engimuneer Extraordinaire
232 Posts
My father just retired 2 weeks ago after 26 years in the service. I spent the first 21 years of my life moving everywhere just cause pop's said it's time to go. Are you getting stationed @ Andrew's? I lived in the DC area 3 times. Hope all goes well with the move & God Bless our soldiers!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Jerry,
Sorry you are losing your kit. Best of luck.
Pete

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by JhnBrackett:
My father just retired 2 weeks ago after 26 years in the service. I spent the first 21 years of my life moving everywhere just cause pop's said it's time to go. Are you getting stationed @ Andrew's? I lived in the DC area 3 times. Hope all goes well with the move & God Bless our soldiers!
She is going to the Pentagon.... I don't even know what she does ! I am not sure if we will be at Andrews or what. may be civilian by the Pentagon.... This is really a blow for my ego...
But, for the record I will tell you, this is the most organized, professional ran fourum that I have ever seen or used. When I build again, I will be here in style..

Somebody buy this ! the movers won't put it in the truck !

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
I just went to the Vanderbelt show in Newport. My head is spinning with ideas, I'm going to need metal cutting blades this time. Posted some pics in the off topic. Not lovin the new camera yet.

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Sorry to hear that. However I have an O3 Cobra and I promise you will love it.

PM sent as well

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
Do you mean BOLLING AFB? it sucks there,been there,wasnt happy,but they do have a auto hobby garage that you can restore,build a car at with individual car bays that can be rented for $5 a day or $22 a week or $56 a month.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i wish i woudl of seen this add a few weeks ago . i would of bought it. i just ordered my kit. suck. well best of luck to you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Auto Skills Center
301-342-3507

MWR's Auto Skills Center is a leisure-time facility ideal for the automotive enthusiast. The center features seven repair stalls with lifts, two car repair stalls, auto and utility trailer storage, tool rentals and welding equipment. All active-duty and retired military, reserves, their family members, and Department of Defense employees are eligible to use this facility.

http://www.dcmilitary.com/special_sections/sw/081206/ss_120852_31943.shtml

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.