Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my MK3 and looking to upgrade to 18 inch wheels. What are the largest tires that I can run on the rear with no issues? Also, what does everyone recommend running on the front? Currently have 245/45/17 and 275/40/17. Was thinking 315's and 245's.....any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
467 Posts
Get ahold of Vintage Wheels. Advertiser on this site. I have 18" and think they look great. You can see photos of my car on the site where the 18" are on customer cars. Great people and great product. Had them powder coat the centers also purchased the tire from them also. Shipped to me all balanced and ready to go. They beat tire prices for local area also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what size tires did you go with?

Get ahold of Vintage Wheels. Advertiser on this site. I have 18" and think they look great. You can see photos of my car on the site where the 18" are on customer cars. Great people and great product. Had them powder coat the centers also purchased the tire from them also. Shipped to me all balanced and ready to go. They beat tire prices for local area also.
what size tires did you go with?

·
Registered
467 Posts
295/40/18 and 245/45/18 Keep in mind mine is a Shell Valley. I didn't want to go really wide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice looking ride...I'm hoping to fit the 315's and 245's hopefully someone on here has done it and can reply....pictures would be great also....I will post pics when my new wheels/tires are on the car.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Post the new photos when complete. Give Bob a call at Vintage Wheels. He is the man and will make sure you get what you want. Tell him I sent you his way.

Matt Browne

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vintage wheels website?

Post the new photos when complete. Give Bob a call at Vintage Wheels. He is the man and will make sure you get what you want. Tell him I sent you his way.

Matt Browne
I can't seem to find vintage wheels under the advertiser section do you have their web address or phone number?
Thanks for the help,
Jon

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. Time to make your new car yours. You going over to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes....Saturday. I'm taking my 62 Belair because the Cobra won't be back in time. Just looking at adding some fresh air ducts from cobra earls. damn feet get hot here in FL. You heard of anyone installing them? Wondering if they actually work well?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I am doing 18" on mine

I have tires, I have the rims, but the car is not ready for them... 315X30X18's rears 265X35X18 front. I bought them from the Tire Rack... The brand Hancook didn't come in the 275X35X18's or I would have purchased them, for the front. I had to get the closest to same diameter as well..Here is a link with other peoples pictures and sizes...
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150974&highlight=Wheel+gallery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have 245-45-18 on front 325-40-18 on back & no problem. The front 4'' bar is 3 1/4 & the back is 3 3/4 off the ground.
wow....what a machine. Have you had it on a dyno to see what kind of hp and torque numbers? How does it hook up with those big meats?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts