Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’ve begun project roadster rehab. I need replacement rubber grommets for all my aluminum trim rings. Anyone have a vendor? Thanks!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,768 Posts
Don't know if anyone lists them seperately but I'm sure McMasters and others of the like would have sheet material like that that you could cut your own out of. Thats what I did for my build. Made some plates from left over aluminum and cut seals from rubber gasket material scaps I scronged from work.

·
Senior Charter Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i think ill go the rubber sheet route and cut my own.

·
Snake Farmer
10,297 Posts
I used sections I cut from an inner tube, for gaskets. It's thick, long lasting, in my case, cheap, as I had a tube on hand.

Hint-I cut an X in the rubber for the roll bar legs slide through, and then carefully trimmed the tabs, after the bezel was in place. This made for an extremely tight seal on the legs. I can rinse the roadster with a hose, without water draining into the trunk. Food for thought..:)

Reactions: MauiKarl

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used sections I cut from an inner tube, for gaskets. It's thick, long lasting, in my case, cheap, as I had a tube on hand.

Hint-I cut an X in the rubber for the roll bar legs slide through, and then carefully trimmed the tabs, after the bezel was in place. This made for an extremely tight seal on the legs. I can rinse the roadster with a hose, without water draining into the trunk. Food for thought..:)
Bill, cutting them with an 'X' is actually a really good idea. Thanks for the tip! Water in my trunk is one of my pet peeves.

Elizabeth

·
Senior Charter Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting replacements from Mike Everson. He made the original trims for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts