Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peps! Just joined the forum. Looking for some motivation from you before I order my FFR MK4. I am an intense guy who needs a new project with a passion for 65-67 Shelby. Looked at bunch of ready to go purchases but really want the challenge and personal goals of completing a build. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciate!

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Time for a little introspection in my opinion. Building one of these is a lot of work, with some challenges along the way (guarantied), and you need to be self-motivated. Sharing your build and feeding off others is a good thing. But if you don't have the drive yourself, and willing to stay at it for months or even a couple years as is often the case, it may not be for you. It takes a passion to both build and drive. I personally enjoy them both almost the same. I love the planning aspect, realizing the plan, and the satisfaction of the completed plan. Driving, cruising, attending occasional shows, etc. are all frosting on the cake. I've done multiple builds and each time tried new things just because I enjoy the learning aspect as well. Each has been a 1-2 year project. And while I will occasionally get burned out and need to step away for a bit, generally able to stay fully motivated toward the finished goal and I've never been disappointed. If the motivation to build is solely based on saving money, for example, (not saying that's you...) I typically will recommend to buy something ready to go, whether new or used. I see builds that stall out because the builder was only interested in the finished product and underestimated the effort and motivation required to complete. Not to mention available time, budget, life priorities, etc. Hopefully none of that sounds negative. Just being realistic. If it fits you, come on in. It's an exciting journey.

·
Junior Charter Member
993 Posts
I enjoy the build just as much as I enjoy the drive. Both parts are great experiences!

the build is great because you get to celebrate the milestones along the way,
First time it rolls on its own wheels
First time you sit in it and make engine sounds
First start
First time the lights light up
First go kart drive
First time you see it painted
First drive with body on

Then when it’s built you have something to drive, race and show.
Also, these cars are never really done, you’ll always have something to fix or improve.

any time I get discouraged with my car I watch this video of me driving poorly but having a blast on the track.

Reactions: railroad and johnd

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Welcome aboard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts