Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to locate the original owner of FFR 2015K Challenge Car 001. I would like to buy that car but need the MSO from FFR to get it titled. FFR said they can issue a new MSO, but only to the original owner. I would pay the fee’s etc.

Thanks
Joel Heft

Attachments

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Original Owner was Steve Marcus. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks David.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
I don't think you have it the right way around...

I think you will find you need a titled car to get registered

Having a certificate of origin could mean you need to do the whole Police inspection in which you will need receipts for everything and a list of what is included in the kit with FFR bill of sale.

I sold a replica to california and there were no issues with it being a titled car. Have a feeling you have your information wrong

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark, the laws out here make bringing a titled car in difficult, and a real test of your integrity. A titled car technically must meet California smog requirements. With an MSO, and never been titled, you can go through the sb100 process and legally title the car smog exempt. You do need a bill of sale and receipts, but if you purchase all the parts from a previous builder, those will suffice for receipts. Since this is a track car and I plan to make it street legal and smog exempt, it is technically unfinished and by me adding a windshield and making it meet street requirements I am finishing the build, so actually legal.

Joel

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Mark, the laws out here make bringing a titled car in difficult, and a real test of your integrity. A titled car technically must meet California smog requirements. With an MSO, and never been titled, you can go through the sb100 process and legally title the car smog exempt. You do need a bill of sale and receipts, but if you purchase all the parts from a previous builder, those will suffice for receipts. Since this is a track car and I plan to make it street legal and smog exempt, it is technically unfinished and by me adding a windshield and making it meet street requirements I am finishing the build, so actually legal.

Joel
Joel,

You are going about this the wrong way, California has the older (circa 2001), rarely used "SB-1578" to deal with cars that were (in the eyes of California DMV/BAR/MVS/CHP/ETC) "mis-registered/titled" initially, through no fault of their own, one can use SB1578 to correct this oversight. Out of the Cobra I've sold into California, 2 of them used SB-1578 to "correct" the title and were eventually allowed to proceed through the SB100 process.

·
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will look into that, starting to think this is way too much trouble for a second roadster that I don’t have a place for it to park.

My plan was to convert this car to a street car with windshield and lights and use as a daily driver. I would have have to change the roll bars back to something more like it was originally and add a passenger seat.

I did get in touch with Steve and he said he was happy to help get a copy of the original MSO from FFR. What an awesome community we have here!

I really appreciate everyone’s words of advice!

Joel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts