Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some good resources for original 427 pics. Mainly engine compartment and interior. We all know what the out side looks like.

Any books in particular to look for? Web sites? How about sending me some of your personal stash of pics? ;)

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
FFCobra Craftsman
705 Posts
Jim...
..realize that CSX3057 is a continuation car built within the last few years; not an original, but pretty faithful.
Any particular detail you are looking for?

Don..nice set of pictures; where did you see the car?

[ September 29, 2002, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Ron ]

·
3,875 Posts
Hi there Ron, CSX-3057 is an original CSX-4XXX are the 427 continuation and CSX-7XXX are the 289 continuation.
Don

·
Registered
481 Posts
Jim If you go to ERAs web page, you will find Peter Portonta's Cobra there. You cant miss it, it has "This is not a replica" on the pictures. I beleive the ERA bodies were modeled after it. It has been restored to perfect condition. Say hi to Bob Putnum for me.
Metal-Morphous,Inc.
Ron Randall

[ September 29, 2002, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Ron Randall ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
705 Posts
Originally posted by Don DePontee:
Hi there Ron, CSX-3057 is an original CSX-4XXX are the 427 continuation and CSX-7XXX are the 289 continuation.
Don
Don-
Original production ceased in 1966 with CSX3053, shipped June of 1966.
The first "completion" car was made for Carrol, CSX3056, in the 90's. The few subsequent CSX30xx numbers above 3056 were the "half-million-dollar" cars made for CS by Mike McCluskey in the 90's.

Of course, the CSX4xxx and 7xxx are the current production cars.

No, 3057 isn't an original, but its a pretty car.

·
3,875 Posts
Hi there Ron, my apologies, you are correct. I had forgotton about the 40 or so that Shelby had on the registry that were not completed and sold in the 60's that were later completed as the continuation series at $500,000.00 ea.
Thanks again for pointing this out, Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.