Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Going non donor and I am looking for new quad and rear shocks. My problem is to decide between all the different brands, quality, prices…
For instance, you can get quad shock at 24$US (Gabriel 14039) and the list goes to 125$...!!!!.

How can you choose the front (other then Blistens), rear and quad shocks? (I know that many don’t use the quad shocks, however since I’m going with the 4 links option, I will add this little extra to my rear suspension assembly.)

Thanks in advance for your help, Eric

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Eric, not sure if you have your kit yet, but the kit comes with shocks for the front. Mine came with them for the rear as well, because I ordered the coil over option for the rear. I am not sure if the standard 4 link comes with rear shocks or not, I think it does, but you can check with F5 on that. I believe I read somewhere that they are going to start shipping Koni's with the kits, if thats the case, look no further, Koni's are arguably top of the food chain IMHO.

Right now the kits ship with Bilstiens which although they are having some issues with broken shocks etc lately, I do not think it is a problem with the Bilstien, because overall they are an excellent product, I used the Bilstiens for years on my track cars.

As for the quads, you will have to source those. There is quite a bit of debate about these, what quality to buy etc. Again, IMHO I think it depends on how you plan to use the car. If you are going to drive the P#^* out of it, spend the money and get some high quality ones. You can get those from a number of aftermarket dealers, I recommend Maximum Motorsports if you want good ones and someone to give you a good explanation of why you need them. If you are going to drive it, have fun with it and not do anything too hard core I would say get a little less expensive brand, Monroe etc. with a good warranty and you can always replace them if they wear. Over all the Quads do not take a lot of abuse under normal driving and tend to last a long time.

Hope that helps and again just my humble opinion.

·
4,494 Posts
Eric: Summit Racing has them, KYB shocks, both the rear and the two Quad shocks. They are about $38 each plus shipping.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a set of oem Quad shocks I would like to sell. I have been told the aftermarket ones do not fit/work as well, I could be wrong about that fact though.
The set I have I am willing to ship to your house in the continental United States for $150.00 for the pair. Breeze sells these for $86.00 each plus shipping.
PM me if interested.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I have the KYB quad shocks. I think I have the heavy duty ones. I had to put a couple washers on the upper mount to clear the coilover spring, but they are fine.

What are you doing for rear upper control arms? If you're using the donor uppers, then you should look into getting a set of Autoweld adjustable uppers. They will really help you get better traction and will eliminate wheelhop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.