Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
Hope everyone is in good health and enjoying their FFR's. I am a long time Mk 2.5 owner and am looking for some assistance in getting my car out of storage. I had to unfortunately put the car away in storage some time ago, and am looking for someone/contact with FFR experience that might be open to assisting me with getting my Cobra road worthy again. It is a beautiful pro build by Tom Mauldin, but he is located in TX and travel is difficult for everyone.

It's been a long time since being in the forum with all the great members, but hoping to finally have time to return to the Cobra community and get the car back on the road.

Stay well,
Steve
FFR Mk. 2.5 EDC

·
Registered
457 Posts
How long as the car been stored? Which motor? Just off the top of my head, here is what I am thinking that needs to be done. I am sure that the experts here will add to this list.

• Oil / Filter
  • Drain and replace the fuel
  • Fuel filter
  • Check the coolant rubber tubes
  • Replace the coolant
  • Check belts for cracks
  • Check the date stamp on tires. If more that 7 years old, replace them.
  • Replace the battery.
  • Lube the chassis
  • Clean / wax / treat the seats

·
Charter Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions Brastic! I was actually hoping to find a local pro-builder who might be available to take me on as a client for the work. My back is at least a decade older now and time is even less available to wrench myself these days. I'd add replacing the brake fluid at the top of the list too.

The car has been well stored, but simply not started for about 3 years. All the fluids were fresh when put away, but not prepped for the long hibernation. If anyone has a lead on some local Bay Area builders or FFR Roadster experience with some time available to take on this service for me, please pass along the contact. I'd be happy and grateful to hire their services to get EDC back onto the roads this summer. She was actually a Cobra of the month back after we completed her in 2010!

Thanks again and safe motoring all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts