Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Donor Mustang horns are fine (or anything comparable).
Just looking for something inexpensive now that sounds decent, may upgrade later.

PM me cost and shipping to 63125. I can Paypal and send my mailing address.

don't want any wimpy horns :001_rolleyes:

Thanks!

· Premium Member
5,521 Posts
I'll check... I may have some which you can have for the cost of shipping.
A better option may be... I bought mine (120dB) at Harbor Freight for $19.99

· Registered
6,093 Posts
Don't laugh, but I picked up these horns at HF, and they are quite loud and sound pretty good. Been on my Mk3 for the first year. Used 'em a couple of times and they get attention. Combine with a 20% off coupon (that's what I did) and you can't go wrong.

2 Piece 12 Volt Electric Horn Set

· Registered
1,392 Posts
I have the same ones from HF and they work just fine. I think I got them on sale for $12 or so.

Don't laugh, but I picked up these horns at HF, and they are quite loud and sound pretty good. Been on my Mk3 for the first year. Used 'em a couple of times and they get attention. Combine with a 20% off coupon (that's what I did) and you can't go wrong.

2 Piece 12 Volt Electric Horn Set

· Registered
166 Posts
...bunch of cheap bastiches :)
LOL, I too have the HF set (now on sale for $9.99) easy to mount/locate and sound fine.

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do these sound like normal car horns?

I really don't want any train / air horns on my roadster. :001_tongue:

· Registered
6,093 Posts
Do these sound like normal car horns?

I really don't want any train / air horns on my roadster. :001_tongue:
Pretty normal two-tone car horn sound. Not the beep-beep sound of some import horns. Louder, I would say, than OEM horns but just right to get attention.

· Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
...bunch of cheap bastiches :)
:thumbup1: X5 on the HF horns. Better looking than the crusty 23 yr old horns from the donor and the sound of an American car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.