Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a fastener to connect the aluminum that goes from the radiator to the body. I saw Skip's car and I really like what he used but I can't find him on the forum. They look like about a 1/2 in dia washer with a flat head screw. Any body got a idea what he used ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Are you talking about Dzus fasteners? They are typically quarter turn fasteners used for attaching body panels on race cars or other similar applications that warrant easily removable panels. You can get those at mail order parts houses or local speedshops. They are sort of big though unless they are making smaller ones these days.

I just used some stainless button head bolts and nylock nuts and it turned out pretty good. I ordered them from McMaster-Carr online. They have about any fastener you could imagine except maybe the Dzus stuff.

John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Desciption does sound like Dzus fasteners. Summit,Jegs,ect do carry these. Good set up for any panel you may want to quickly remove or install. Most times they come with the "screw" and socket/seat that gets riveted to the panel mount or tab while the screw holds the panel itself. There are also knock off companys that make a similar set up for a little less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts