Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want an audio option in my car for longer drives. I initially was going to find an amp and speakers and drive them from my phone. But, the other day a friend showed me his Ue Boom portable Bluetooth speaker. I think it would work great. I then saw they were pretty expensive. So I'm a wondering if there are cheaper options for a 12v amplified speaker that I could plug into my phone or use with Bluetooth.

The Ue boom is still a good option but maybe there exists something even cooler out there.

·
7,661 Posts
I have a 300w amp designed for a motorcycle in the trunk, a pair of speakers mounted between the seats and a mini-plug jack for my iPod/iPhone. Works pretty well in our Roadster.

Ray

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I started my build in 2011 and my design included 2 Polk 6x9 in the rear, 2 5" Polks, in the front below the doors, and a 720w Kenwood Amplifier, with a blue-tooth setup (no head unit). The speakers and wiring have been installed and run since 2013, but I've procrastinated the Amp install, just because it is a pain. I'm finishing it this week! (really :huh:)
I'm crossing my fingers it all works and sounds great.

With that said, I would NOT do it again. The current blue-tooth speaker technology is so much better now and easier and cheaper!

I would strongly look at this if I were doing it again (or something similar).
Possible classy Bluetooth Speaker option for the Roadster?

Kilburn Black Marshall portable Speaker

·
Administrator
6,986 Posts
I use a UE boom in my roadster. works like a charm. I "mount" it on top of the dash (cowl?) up against the windshield and it has nice resonance there, and I can reach it while driving to turn it up or down.

:)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Being that I really don't care too much about sound quality and just want to hear something I chanced it and went cheap.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LZV6TYQ/ref=psdcmw_7073956011_t1_B010OYASRG

At 35$ and I will have it this afternoon I couldn't pass it up.
Well it looks like SeattleDad got the plus. I also looked and found this almost the same one but not a 'plus'. Looks like t has a shorter play time. Nonetheless, over 14,000 reviews and an amazing 4-1/2 stars at $28.

https://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-SoundWorks-OontZ-Angle-Generation/dp/B010OYASRG/ref=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1485969446&sr=1-4&keywords=UE+BOOM

And it has a triangle shape that may fit up against the windshield better. I'd put a tether to the mirror or something similar though. Maybe Velcro.

George

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cheap is good - the OontZ certainly gets many positive reviews. If you decide you are unhappy with that I will 2nd the JBL Charge 3. However, it is 3X the cost but has very full sound - something I found lacking in many other speakers I've tried. If you want really loud bass (and even more $$$) the JBL Xtreme is killer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts