Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to need a cheap set of wheels and tires to get me from CT to AZ then back. I will be using my regualar/autocross tires and wheels once i am there so just need a set to beat on to get there. I do not care if they are scratched, beat on or plastic hub capped, as long as they have tires to get me there and back and will balance i am all ears. Needs to be 17" to clear my brakes.

Anyone have any around they want to get rid of?
Anywhere to look or have any leads?

somehting like this or like it...(cheap)

Eric

[ March 04, 2004, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Eric 427 Shelby ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Maybe you could try a salvage yard? Those look like wheels from a newer V6 stang. I don't think there is much demand for them. In fact a few weeks ago I picked up my rear SN95 calipers from a local yard. They had a 97 Convertible V6 and a hard top V6 both of them had the wheels on still with tires and all in perfect condition.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Eric, I know what you mean. You need a set of beaters to get you from point a to b...Like I said, I don't know about CT but here in FL you can grab a set of those pretty easily at a salvage yard.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
Hey Eric,
I have some 17X8's and a pair of 275-40s, they are the tri-bar 17's used on 95 GT's. The wheels are all in good shape and have centers and all..You could paint the centers black and they would look sweet like the 93 Cobra R's. Let me know, I will get some pics and send em to you.

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
768 Posts
I have some with 245's all around for sale. Only problem is that I'm in St. Louis. Could stop by on your way through. See pictures in my Webshots folder below.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
you're going to drive from CT to AZ! Is that longer than Cobra Earls trip to the Nationals?

What's the longest trip someone took their Cobra on?

·
Senior Charter Member
768 Posts
Ask Ralph Button (aka. Traveler) He's had a couple cross country trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts