Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm looking for a '69 Firebird convertible to build a T/A clone(but with a 572 crate and mini tub). What I need is a car that doesn't have bad rust problems, and either doesn't run, or has no motor or tranny(to keep the cost down). Cosmetics are unimportant, as the car will be completely tore down and rebuilt.
Any leads appreciated.

Thanks, Jim [email protected]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
Originally posted by southernfriedcj8:

... '69 Firebird convertible ... a car that doesn't have bad rust problems....

Thanks, Jim [email protected]
I didn't know that combination existed? Seriously, they are tough to find. Try to get a contact on the west coast or someone that frequents the area. A local classics dealer/restorer travels to the southwest/Socal area about once a month with an empty three car trailer and scours the local ads for rust free (though usually a little ugly) cars like Mustangs, Camaros, etc. He then brings them back to the Midwest and sells them or parts them out. He has found us a couple leads for what we need, but so far only hardtops.

We are looking for a solid '68 convertible body to restore an all original 400 4spd A/C ragtop with a bad case of the tin worm.

·
Senior Charter Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by JasonD:
Originally posted by southernfriedcj8:
[qb]

We are looking for a solid '68 convertible body to restore an all original 400 4spd A/C ragtop with a bad case of the tin worm.
Jason, there is a '68 roller on Ebay. Item #: 2486340910

HTH,
Jim

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
Jim- thank you, I'll take a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts