Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've reviewed all the dash threads, but only see pics of standard 7 dash layouts. Are there any pics out there of 8 gauge layouts ?

I like the basic look of the 427 street dash (tach and speedo on either side of the steering wheel -- essentially what FFR ships) but am unsure where my 8th gauge (clock) will look best. I'm using the autometer vintage gauge set, and am also thinking about adding a glovebox.

- SB

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Have you seen any of the dashes with the upside down triangle of small gauges? 3 on the top row, 2 in the middle and 1 on the bottom. Looks like this but with one more gauge in the middle:

Link to Club Cobra pic

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
Heres a pic of mine using the standard MkIII dash cutout from FFR.. Ignition switch will go below the pull out light switch. There are 5 FFR style toggles under the gauges. From L to Rt I've got High beams, Fan control, 3 way heater fan switch, Wipers, and Couresy Lights... The high beam switch controls a relay irrespective of the light switch.. in other words it'll turn the high beams on anytime, sortof a toggle to pass feature. The key must be in the on position for the high beams to come on. The light switch controls the low beams. The will stay on even if the high is switched on... are are powered when the key is off. The turn signal toggle is on the other side next to my tachometer..

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, Ed. I think I'll do basically what you did, except I'm going to mount my light switch to the left of the tach if there's room. Where did you put your red alternator light ? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Is that the standard spacing between your tach and speedo ? Mine look closer together somehow.

-SB

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
Im using a single wire alternator from Summit, and the AA wiring harness, so I dont have a red alt light... Other than the extra gauge, the other holes are all as they came from FFR...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts