Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Vehicle door Rear-view mirror Car Automotive mirror

It's been few years in the planning, but now it's in the garage
'96 cobra donor-- 4.6l DOHC 4v. 3 link, hydroboost, ABS. The donor was totaled when it got rammed from behind by a, we'll, Dodge Ram, so it all worked and drove when I got it. Now to take one better in it's next life.

My 9 year old daughter helped me get the body unbolted. Fun times ahead.
Vehicle Automobile repair shop Car Classic car

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Good stuff!! Good times ahead too! congrats.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Silly Question

Is the hood scoop shipped this way now or did you just set it on for the picture?

View attachment 36742

It's been few years in the planning, but now it's in the garage
'96 cobra donor-- 4.6l DOHC 4v. 3 link, hydroboost, ABS. The donor was totaled when it got rammed from behind by a, we'll, Dodge Ram, so it all worked and drove when I got it. Now to take one better in it's next life.

My 9 year old daughter helped me get the body unbolted. Fun times ahead.
View attachment 36743

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
Congratulations... isn't that a great feeling looking in the mirrors on the way home with that in tow? I hauled mine all the way back to northern Illinois, so I had 19 hours of smiles and thumbs-up!

·
Senior Charter Member
537 Posts
Congrats Eric! Hopefully your build won't take as long as mine has. When I first got my kit, my oldest daughter was 8 - now she's almost 16! Must be the cold NH winters :001_rolleyes:
Hope to come down and check your kit out one of these days
Joe

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congrats on the kit! Have fun and take your time. I was so eager to make progress I neglected to enjoy the creative process of overcoming the hurdles I encountered. Once I changed my outlook on the fit of all the parts I started to enjoy the build so much more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was so eager to make progress I neglected to enjoy the creative process of overcoming the hurdles I encountered.
The last few years of planning will be fun to put into action. So many ideas on this forum and in my head that it will be challenging, however, to finally bite the bullet and make some decisions!

·
Registered
192 Posts
One of my favorite pictures is of my at the time 3 yr. old daughter with a lug wrench in hand helping dad install wheels during our build. She is now 15 and has her lerners permit, and has asked if I will let her drive the roadster. Enjoy the build, but time with your daughter even more, before you know it she will ask for the keys.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Eric
How far are you with the build?
I have had mine for 3 years.i just got back into working on it again. I took about 1 year off. I hope to have the motor in and running before I go south for the winter.
Enjoy you family and build. The kids grow up and the build will still be there!

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts
Congrats!! I have a few pictures of my 10 yr old little girl with a drill or a rivet gun, always with a big smile- keep everyone involved and it will be so much more fun!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
8,381 Posts
I thought I was taken somewhere till I looked at the picture

Steve
Steve, is being in the middle of a cornfield at night and looking up at very bright lights the last thing you remember?:001_unsure:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.