Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7,097 Posts
What a quiet video! :D

·
Senior Charter Member
447 Posts
Thanks, Sergio! I love Cake, first thing in the morning. =) I just saved that one for future viewing. Where do you find these, and do you know where this was taken? Definitely looks like California, and I could swear they started out from the Ralph's in Agoura...

Brent

·
Senior Charter Member
447 Posts
Okay, now that I've watched it about 7 or 8 times, I don't know what bothers me more...the fact that some of those guys look younger than me and can afford an $80k car, or the fact that I can't. :D Also, anyone know what the chase car is? It was keeping up pretty well through the twisties, but I noticed it had a Honda steering wheel. Anyone?

Brent

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The cars are not $80,000. We've had 5 and never paid more than $35k and have always sold them for more money than we paid after driving them 2-3 years and thousands of miles.

·
Senior Charter Member
447 Posts
Waaaat? :confused: :confused: Where do you find an NSX for $35k? Or are you talking used? I've gone to a few Acura dealerships and seen them going for upwards of $70-80k new. Do tell!

Brent

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You can find very clean, low mile NSX's for under $35,000 all day long. A 1991 NSX is no different than a new one. The dash, body style, etc is the same. So why pay $89,999 for a new one when you can buy a used one for $35,000?

I've had two NSX's (both red/black). My first was a 1991 with 35,000 miles. I drove it for two years, put 22,000 miles on it, and made $3,500 profit on the car when I sold it. And the guy who bought has become one of my good friends, so he's happy with the purchase too.

My second NSX was a 1992 with 24,000 miles on it. I sold it to build the Cobra. I drove it for a year and put 7,000 miles on it. Made $4,200 on it. The guy lives about 2 miles away and was very happy with the purchase. He totalled it a few months ago. :(

My wife's dad has had three NSX's and he drives them until they have over 125,000 miles on them and has never had a problem. They are Hondas!

·
Senior Charter Member
447 Posts
Wow...wish I had known that a couple years ago. Although I'd imagine the insurance would have been killer on a car like that. I think I'll still keep saving for the FFR. =)

Brent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.