Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
FWIW: According to show management this was the first accident in 20 years.
We had a certain cobra owner go past the shut down and turn off at the airport, at I believe DVSF III or IV, car went airborne, lots of damage to the car, thankfully not the owner. There have been a number (small) of similar minor incidents where the owner/driver let ego get in the way of common sense. Again, these were DVSF events which were the predecessor of LCS.

Just saying :wink2:

·
Charter Member
1,754 Posts
that one does not count.

It was not on Main St.

All the rest keep it between the curbs.

I calculate we had made over 6,000 runs down Main St. And this is the first time we have knock down a tree. We have been very lucky. Several close calls. No one hurt.

We had a great time at 2019 LCS. Love the new motel arrangement. Lots of parking for trailers and truck.
All in the same place.

We went to the vintage races at Mid Ohio. Like watching the cars race but walking through the pits and talking with the mechanics, drivers and owners is special.

Saturday night was extra special.
Inside dinner area. Good food, great service, real upscale.
Love hearing Dave Friedman tell his stories and the slide presentation.
Touching words from Dave Semko.
Great report from CF's Fran Kaya.
We gave CF $90,000

As we say down South, "Y'all did it up right!"

I'll be back next year.

Big Thanks to the Ohio Cobra Club and all the volunteers, The city of London, Fire Dept. Police Dept., Sheriff's dept. and all the others that help make this a great weekend.

Dwight

·
Charter Member
1,754 Posts
Oh I almost forgot

The Weather Was Perfect!

19 years and it has never rained on Saturday. Friday, Yes and Sunday Yes
A couple of years it rained early before the show started but did not slow it down. I think it was last year it sprinkled for 5 minutes and they delayed the rides for a while.

Next year is the 20 th. anniversary.

I think they are planning something special.

·
Not a waxer
11,549 Posts
We had a certain cobra owner go past the shut down and turn off at the airport, at I believe DVSF III or IV...
that one does not count.

It was not on Main St.
Dwight is correct. The one mrmustang speaks of was 2003 and as he said was during a closed course event for participants at the Madison County Airport, not during the public rides.

This year was #18 for me.

Jeff

·
Charter Member
1,754 Posts
I missed the first year and one other but have attended the other 16.

I had a great time this year and will be back next year.

Hot Fingers had a fast drag Cobra that he drove on the street. After he ran off the airstrip he rebuild everything and added more motor. He could do 9.2 in the quarter mile.

He sold that car a few years back.

Ah the good old days

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lcs

Our second year attending and we will be back. I witnessed the "incident" and if the driver had just pushed in the clutch instead of trying to drive it out there would have been no "incident". The Chief of Police reminded the drivers that it was not a race track and to KNOW your limitations. Others made the comment not to let your ego get the best of you. As for the hotel, we liked it except our room keys quit working each day and we had to get ours rescanned each day. Walking and talking in the hotel parking lot made for a great time. We are looking forward to next year.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts