Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Discussion Starter #1
Ok all you buzzards out there
LCS LCS LCS
Is just around the corner
Remember the important stuff.
Part of the show is a chocolate chip cookie contest.
So I want to barrage the guys this year with choices l.
( and then maybe help them eat the leftovers馃槺)
Wanda is making hers so first place is a lock.
But second and third are still up for grabs. 馃槈
Matthews GF is making hers and now the rest are up to you guys.
Let鈥檚 give them 100 choices
Cause I want to see the judges sample all those cookies.
馃榿
Second is the
Wade Chamberlin memorial Autox
This is to honor the fastest FFR Autoxer I have ever seen, and a dearly missed friend.
Friday morning skip those boring Tours.馃槣

There are loaner helmets, and the best part we do not have to shag cones. Just run. Thanks to the Miata club.
There are plenty of fast guys there to help teach you how it is done.
Kliener must go down this year.
So help me do it.
Matt and his lovely wife are serious contenders this year also.
Any ringers out there.

See you guys there
The Traveling Builder

Premium Member
Haven't ran an autocross for years, but I will be there to watch the fast guys.

If Kleiner shows up with fresh tires, then we will know that he is worried.

Premium Member
Shagging cones is the only part I'm good at! :frown2:

Sean

Not a waxer
Haven't ran an autocross for years, but I will be there to watch the fast guys.

If Kleiner shows up with fresh tires, then we will know that he is worried.
Watch? Where's the fun in that Derald?

Yes, I'm on fresh tires but look at what came off and tell me if I really had a choice :eek:

See you there!

Jeff

PS: I talked to Brother Bat a couple of days ago but ain't telling any secrets ;)

Registered
I'll miss it this year, Kleiner is painting the car. I have never had soooo much track time and FUN! pictures of the 2018 participants, and Wade and Dave smith at a rainy kit car show in Carlisle, PA.
Gary

Attachments

Registered
There is a good chance that I'll be there with my Coupe. I love to talk about it, but I'd rather meet all of you that helped me along my car. If you post on the Forums, you probably helped me. Please introduce yourself.

Glen

Registered
Hey Mark - see you at London and I am planning to go to the Autocross venue.
No display - just for fun and to meet some customers in person.
See you there!

Mark R.

Actual builder now!
Watch? Where's the fun in that Derald?

Yes, I'm on fresh tires but look at what came off and tell me if I really had a choice :eek:

See you there!

Jeff

PS: I talked to Brother Bat a couple of days ago but ain't telling any secrets ;)
Depends... were they slicks to start with? >:)

Charter Member
don't have a Cobra anymore and my GT 40 not ready for the road so I am driving my 1966 Fairlane.
Just swapped the 4 speed for a 5 speed. No AC but it does have roll up windows.

See ya in London

Dwight

Registered
I'll be there, Friday to Sunday. No car.
Taking many photos and research on suspension, power steering systems and radiators.
Would be great to meet up.
Jim - no rules Challenge Car

Premium Member
I am really excited to go again this year!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
I would love to do the Mid-Ohio event, but again it will not be possible this year.
I plan to do one of the cruises on Friday, so Auto-x is probably out, unless weather issues change the plan.
Cookies are in the plan, but who knows if I will have time.
If you have never been to LCS, please consider attending. If you cannot bring your car, just bring yourself. Lots of great people, and a great time hanging out with some really awesome cars also. I have seen numerous times that people drop whatever they are doing to go help someone with a problem.
My first trip to the show, I did not know a single person there. I stayed at the hotel, did not have my kit yet, but just walked around in the parking lot in awe of all the awesome cars. Mark Dougherty was giving rides to the kids in the parking lot in the (original) Cobra he was driving around for the weekend. I am not the kind of person to just go talk to people that I don't know.
The second trip, I had my kit, and was in process of assembly. I had discussed body work and paint with Jeff Kleiner, so I knew one person there.
The Third trip, I had just completed my car (and Jeff had just completed my body work and paint). The convoy from Illinois and Indiana met up with me in Ohio and we made the final trip over to the hotels. The group just accepted me into their posse, and since then, I have made great friends from many states (and one from Canada).
Now, I would not miss the LCS. I look forward to it every year. My wife and daughters have accepted that I will be away for the show every year since

Stephen Justice

Heading out at 0600 come hell or high water! Probably more of the latter with a bit of hell sprinkled in there for fun!

Charter Member
We are leaving at midnight.

Looks like rain in Columbus tomorrow. I'm bring a rain coat and hat! Three pair of shoes.

Registered
rain precautions

what are those of you who don't have tops planning on doing in the event of rain? this is my first year coming to LCS. just curious.

FFCobra Captain
Just read about this about a crash during the burnouts at LCS.

https://youtu.be/VbwNvjjgtLQ

Bummer that it happened during a charity event. Someone in the thread said everyone was ok.

Didn鈥檛 see this posted here with any pics

Whose car was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
burn out

I didn't see it in person, but sounds like everyone was OK.
They had to shut down the charity rides for some time as they were getting the car off the stump of the tree that it took out.
I bet that was the best $10 the rider ever spent. What a story!
Feel terrible for the driver/owner and their car.

Registered
Saw it happen, thought I had video but messed up with the camera.
I took a few photos and a friend has a good photo of the car. Will post later if I can figure out how.

From what I know. Note: some info not confirmed:

NO ONE was hurt.

From what I heard the driver bought the car a few weeks ago < 1 month.
Was told that he had a hard time just parking and maneuvering it in the lot - from a very reliable source.
Came out of the gate hot, slewed to both sides a few times than went 180 - I saw this part. Then went over a curb taking down a 4-5" tree, heard this part. I saw the after effects.

The young passenger was undazed and from general information thought he got a memorable ride, this kid can ride with me anytime. His father was next in line and got his ride once the rides started up.

The Chief of Police gave the go ahead to continue the rides but with the advisement of a slower pace.

I think that this will change the "Cobra Rides" charity program but too early to tell in just what way.

FWIW: According to show management this was the first accident in 20 years. That is by my guess, about 4,000 rides. I think they gave 230 rides this year. There was always someone in line to spend $10 for a minute or two of fun.

I think this emphasizes to all and in particular those with less experience that a lot of SELF and car control is required to drive a snake. Remember kids, it's the skinny pedal that will cause you trouble.

As usual LCS was a GREAT event. We were shined upon with great weather, at least for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Jim

1 - 20 of 29 Posts