Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out working too long and I am scratching my head installing the Lokar throttle cable at the front of the footbox. Here's the problem:
I took the "pin" out of the cable end that will attach to Russ's pedal. The "end" of the cable (where the pin fits between) will slide through the hole in the front of the footbox without problem. How do I get the "nut" off that will be on the inside of the footbox securing the cable to the footbox? There is a nipple (lack of better word)at the end of the cable, that if removed I could slide the end and the nut off, but no way to take it off. If I cut the cable before the nipple, there is no way to secure it back on. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, how are you all installing the cable? Pics would help. Thanks,
Doug

·
Junior Charter Member
474 Posts
Not sure but I think you are trying to attach the wrong end of the cable to the go peddle. Do you have the braided steel cable?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got it, just needed a little break and a fresh look. Thanks, I'm an idiot!
Doug

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
The screw (Allen) is on the other end at the carb. Need to re-feed it back through starting at the pedal and going out to the carb. Brian

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,333 Posts
Make sure to lubricate this cable. There's been a bunch of posts on the Lokars binding after a while causing the TP to stick :(

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
I am thinking about using the Lokar braided cable for my carb set-up, does anyone have the part number for this?
Thanks,
Lile

·
Anti-Venom
1,137 Posts
Originally posted by uponashelf:
I am thinking about using the Lokar braided cable for my carb set-up, does anyone have the part number for this?
Thanks,
Lile
You may want to re-think the braided cable setup for throttle. The braided housing compresses causing a loss of cable travel. I have seen this myself on several occassions. I am using the black oem style cable from Lokar for this reason.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my braided cable except having it stick, then I found some great lube at the local motorcycle shop. It's called Dri Slide Bike Aid, it made all the difference!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll second the "Don't use the braided cable". It compresses and you can never get full throttle adjusted correctly. Use the black Lokar cable.

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
118 Posts
I'll third that one. My braided cable makes it almost impossible to get full throttle. I am replacing with the black cable as well. Not as pretty, but...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have problems with the tiny set screw slipping on the throttle cable at the throttle-cable-to-throttle-body connector. Have not noticed the stainless steel woven (braided) cable compressing (making it hard to set full throttle), but with the cable slipping by the set screw I have to re-adjust it.
If you could post a picture it would help us troubleshoot your problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.