Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like my GPS-enabled phone to keep a log of where I've been. With a free service called everytrail.com I can keep tracks and geo-tagged pictures of where I've been and what I've seen so I can enjoy the trip more than one time. Appears to work with most popular GPS phones.
You also get data elevations, averages, speeds and such.
Originally this was designed for outdoorsy granola types, but I see this being useful for drivers too.
You can save and post your tracks fairly easily. It was pretty simple to set up and I plan on using it a lot this driving season.

Here is an example. Mouse over the map to get additional functions.

<h2><a href="http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=500280">Commute</a></h2>
<br/><a href="http://www.everytrail.com" >Map your trip with EveryTrail</a>

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Just installed it on my Windows Mobile Phone. Looks cool.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,879 Posts
What's with that crazy squiggly jibberish at the end of your trip near Fountain Head Road? Looks like you were looking for a lost golf ball or something.

Golfers better turn that off as we'll be able to track their progress and check on their actual score vs. the 19th hole discussion.

"I hit that drive 325 yards"

"Nope, we have it accurately tracked as 236 before you kicked it three times and threw it twice"

*busted*

Cool app. I'll try it out on a hike.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gibberish appears when the GPS doesn't get a good lock on the satellite signals. You can see some gibberish on my stops in town when I went into houses. (Food bank deliveries)

·
Junior Charter Member
1,879 Posts
The gibberish appears when the GPS doesn't get a good lock on the satellite signals. You can see some gibberish on my stops in town when I went into houses. (Food bank deliveries)

Now I feel like an idiot making a joke when you were out doing a good deed.

"How 'bout some salt with that foot, Watermoccasin?"

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't want you to think I was delivering nickel-bags of "herbs" to the various houses.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,588 Posts
I don't think I want to record the "speed" portion of a road trip. Never know when BB is watching....

Not that I ever violate the posted speed limit of course :whistling:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think I want to record the "speed" portion of a road trip. Never know when BB is watching....

Not that I ever violate the posted speed limit of course :whistling:
There is no guarantee that your GPS can show speed or position with any degree of accuracy as evidenced by the jibberish movements recorded while I was stationary. :001_tongue:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts