Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On final installation of the windshield should loctite be used on the 8 screws for the side arms?

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
NO!!!!! If you do, and the windshield needs to be removed, you will be in a world of hurt

2FAST

[ July 18, 2004, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess you just have to keep a check on them like everthing else or do they seem to hold up OK as far as staying tight?

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
I have not had any issues with them coming loose and I have 4500 miles on my car.

2FAST

·
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, as always a big help

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
I used blue Loctite on anything that didn't have a lock nut, lock washer or safety wire. The fastener can still be easily removed with hand tools but they will not vibrate loose.
So I guess you just have to keep a check on them like everything else.....
I used the Loctite on the screws that hold the tail light lens on, the wing wings to the windshield attach screws, and all the other things people complain about having problems with coming loose. It's been almost 10,000 miles total and over 6,500 miles since all that stuff was reinstalled after painting. Nothing has fallen off and I never check any of it.

·
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I guess if I use the blue loctite which is a medium strength correct it should be good enough?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts