Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,589 Posts
Bob,

Sorry no pictures but I'll try to describe. On the throttle body end of the cable there is a little set-screw. Loosen it so that the end comes off. Set all the hardware from that end aside otherwise it will just fall on the floor. Next pull the cable out of the sheath from the gas pedal end. Now the sheath can be installed into the pedal box wall. Now attach the clevis on the cable to the gas pedal and then thread the cable back into the sheath. Reattach all the hardware on the TB side (trim stuff to length per instuctions if needed) and viola! you are done. Hope this helps.

-Stu

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Is this what you were looking for?

This is a lokar black throttle cable. I have it connected to a Russ Thompson pedal.

FYI, If you have the "hi-tech" braided cable, do yourself a favor and send it back. It is a total POS!

HTH

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Originally posted by Aaron Silidker:
What is wrong with the hi tech cable, mine seems to work fine.
Aaron, you might be one of the few. Many of us who tried it found it to be inferior in quality. The biggest problem with the cable that I found is that the casing is weak and curls up making the pedal pressure very hard and unmanagable. The black cable on the other hand does not curl up and has very good pedal pressure. I am not the only one that has had this problem.

If you say yours works well, I don't doubt you. But many others have had the same experience that I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.