Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those using Lizard Skin. If you applied the ceramic product to the street side of your aluminum panels, did you mask off the attach points to the frame? Or, did you spray the entire surface?
Same question for the interior side of the firewall.

· FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
I would think if you make the application to the panels before you rivit them on, you would not need to apply to the chassis tubes. If your application is after the sheet metal has been attached, the tubes would then need to be done as well. Otherwise, I would think you would get heat transfere from the hot side through the tube and into the interior. That's my thought anyway. I plan to do it after the panels and apply to the tubes as well.

· Registered
200 Posts
Brush it on. You get a way thicker coat and it's a lot cleaner. You cn do it all in one application with a brush. I brushed it over the entire panel after I taped the rivet holes. My buddy and I made a video on YouTube wile doing his 55 Chevy. Search crushkrew on YouTube and watch. Also the regular lizard skin will withstand temps over 300*.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.