Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the seams/body work this weekend.. First step was to remove hood hinge (this is not a great piece) and where hinge attached to the body there were two small metal "L" pieces? What are these and do they go back on when car is completed?

Thanks...

p.s. I am tracking all progress and products used for a newbie doing seems/body work for first time. once it looks like I did it ok I will post for what it is worth..

·
Charter Member
716 Posts
I think you are talking about the Aluminum L brakets for the hood latches. These were packaged with my trunk parts. Take a look in the FAQ section under Hood Latches, you see a picture of them.

·
Charter Member
423 Posts
There are 2 sets of little "L" brackets, one set is a 3/4" x 3/4" x 1 - 1/2" long extruded aluminum part used for the hood latch cams. The steel sheet metal (.06 thk bare steel) ones are used to tie the trunk hinges to the trunk cross bar. I'm not sure if they are used with the new MKII curved trunk bar. Mine is the straight old style bar.

Ron

[ July 15, 2002, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Ron Roth ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ron.. I was refering to the bare thin steel units and now with hind sight can say they will tie into the trunk cross bar...

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,399 Posts
I think you mean trunk hinges(boot). Those angles get riveted to the frame 3/4" tube behind them.
Marc A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts