Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully you can help me, i have a on/off/on switch i want to use to controll the actuator. The actuator has 2 leads comming off of it, it extends when the polarity is one way and retracts when ti is another way. There are built in limiting switches and relays int he unit so it was have constant power. How do i wire it up, there are 6 prongs on the back of the switch.

Eric

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
Your switch sounds like it is a double poll - double throw, which means that it will control two circuits and throw two ways. You need to find the two sides of the switch and the common polls. To do this use a test light. Usually, the center is the common, and they are isolated on each side. Once you determine the common leads, run these to the actuator. Then on one throw, connect your positive and negative leads. On the other side of the throw, connect the negative and positive, opposite of the way the others are connected. Here is how a typical switch is set up, be sure to test yours with a test light...

+ - Battery Voltage (Position A)

L1 L2 Leads to actuator (common)

- + Battery Voltage (position B)

This will "flip" the current when the switch is thrown.

Tom

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Eric,

Am I to assume this is your trick device to allow your boost gauge to flip down when called upon to do so?

Chicks really dig that kind of thing. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Eric are you going to make it on the 4th haven't herd from you or Aaron yet let me no.
Thanks Rich Gag's

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gags - i should be able to make it there for the fourth. I need some directions from 84.....will get back to you..

Eric

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Eric,
Where did you get your linear actuator? I've been looking for one for my stereo install but I don't want to pay an arm&leg.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the best price i found was through Wayne Presley. What are you plannign on doing with your install, i made a panel drop down from under the dash then it is exteneded and then it hides behind the dash when it is contracted. Works great!

Eric

·
Registered
180 Posts
Eric,

I was going to have the stereo pop-up from the trans-tunnel top. Some other guys have done it that way and it really looks sharp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts