Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a curiosity angle, what is the nut on the line lock used for? Mine arrived a bit loose.
The nut I am referring to is the one at the blue end.

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
1,765 Posts
I suspect its there to hold the coil on. All multi piece solenoids have some sort of retaining device in that area.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect its there to hold the coil on. All multi piece solenoids have some sort of retaining device in that area.
Yeah but that is where I am starting to leak fluid from.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,765 Posts
That's strange, never seen one leak from that area. The armature tube is usually a sealed unit. Assuming the in/out lines are attached to the two holes in the body, if the valve is mounted with the body up it may be leaking from a connection point and running down between the coil and the armature tube. If not I suppose there could be a pin hole in the tube in the area of the nut.
Of course this is all assuming that the valve is constructed the same as the industrial types of solenoids I worked with for years.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's strange, never seen one leak from that area. The armature tube is usually a sealed unit. Assuming the in/out lines are attached to the two holes in the body, if the valve is mounted with the body up it may be leaking from a connection point and running down between the coil and the armature tube. If not I suppose there could be a pin hole in the tube in the area of the nut.
Of course this is all assuming that the valve is constructed the same as the industrial types of solenoids I worked with for years.
Here's the answer I got back from Summit.
There should be an o-ring on that fitting that seals it. If the fitting isn't loose, it has to be a bad o-ring. We do not have replacement o-rings, so my suggestion would be to send you out a replacement unit. Please let me know how you would like to proceed and we will go from there.

I took it apart and the o-ring appears to be good but .........

·
Senior Charter Member
1,765 Posts
Hard to tell from pics how these things are constructed but I would say if they are willing to send a no charge replacement I'd go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts