Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime Rock Rocked...

236 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Todd Buttrick 
#1 ·
Got back late last night from the three days at LimeRock - the racing was great - some of these guys really go at it.
Saturday we watched a couple of classic battles - the XK140 coupe of Tiv Shelton vs Bob Lucerell's Hemi Allard was something else - these two did everything but trade paint!!
Mike Stott's red 289FIA mixed it up with team mate Bob Hebert's lethal quick '67 E-Type.

During the Car Show on Sunday I got to meet Eric and Todd and we chatted about their roadsters, the MKII's and how to mount the hood hinge. You guys left at the right time as a couple of hours later the skies opened up big time.
Amongst the replica's there was also two nice ERA's the dark blue S/C with a monster 427 sideoiler and a light blue 289FIA with a brace of webers down the vee. (see Eric's pic's)
Further down the front straight there were all kinds of interesting and beautiful cars, multimillion dollar Ferrari's and Shelby Cobra's, beautiful Jag C and D types. the Edelbrock tent featured Shelby R models, Bosses and Vic's 63 split window Racing Vette.
I even found a real 427 S/C back there that was fully race prepped but never went out on the track.

Monday's racing was also spectacular with the highlight's being the group 6 race with the R model of Curt Vogt putting the heat on Brian Donovan's '62XKE until he finally cooked the right front and the Mustang muscled it's way by. At the same time Mike Stott's 289FIA was having a grand time holding off a pair of snarling Lotuses.

The Trans Am group put on quite a show with the lead being swapped between the ex-Sam Posey Dodge Challenger, the AMC Javelin, the Boss Mustang and Donohue's old Camaro.

Thanks to the SVRA for putting on such a show and to Eric, Steve and Todd for taking the time to chat, storytell and encourage. I am sure that the FFR office will be getting a few enquiries after that. I didn't get the name of the guy in the other dark blue FFR but Eric and I were commenting on what an excellent marketing job he and Todd were doing!!

I was hoping to see a Coupe or two but with the skies threatening all weekend it was understandable that the turn out was light.

I have a bunch of pics - including Todd explaining to my brother and father the secrets of the hood hinge and a shot of Eric in his FFCars.com T-shirt.
I'll send them to Bill to post.

Cheers,

Scott

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you Eric, it was a pleasure meeting you as well. How did the Dyno go?

Scott

BTW I got an email from Bill - this weekend he's gonna post the pic's I sent.

S

[ September 05, 2002, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Scott L. ]

#5 ·
Scott,

Great to meet you as well. Next year we'll all get together for the full Vintage Festival weekend. Great pics! I have a bunch of pics with Bill that he will post over the weekend.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.