Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Bendpak HD9 installed today, and I'm thrilled with not having to be on my back under this thing anymore! I got a bridge jack to get the wheels off the runways if needed.

Hope I don't have to use it for anything major anytime soon, but just maintinance work and fiddling is going to be sooo much nicer.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Awesome. The lift is literally the best garage investment I love mine lol actually thinking about getting another one For other side.my only regret is not buying 2 of the sliding jacks,after a while it’s a PITA with just the 1

·
Registered
696 Posts
couldnt live without mine! Congratulations

·
Super Moderator
29,351 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
817 Posts
357034[/ATTACH]
I really need to get rid of my over head storage in the garage and then the lift will fit.
Where does the garage door come to on the lift and the white car? How far back did you have to offset the lift to clear the garage door?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I really need to get rid of my over head storage in the garage and then the lift will fit.
Where does the garage door come to on the lift and the white car? How far back did you have to offset the lift to clear the garage door?
I have lift set back distance of the approach ramp roughly 3’.garage has 10’ ceiling and I extended track to hug ceiling when open. My supra is the only car i need to back on because of the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The only reason i have lift setback is so i can leave ramps on if wanted,but it really can only be 6” off door.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just curious, why go with a 4 post over a 2 post? I would think having the added convenience of being able to do brakes and having the smaller pads to work around in an offset 2-post setup would be bigger advantages over the 4-posts that require extra/special jacks to remove wheels.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just curious, why go with a 4 post over a 2 post? I would think having the added convenience of being able to do brakes and having the smaller pads to work around in an offset 2-post setup would be bigger advantages over the 4-posts that require extra/special jacks to remove wheels.
It's personal choice and you'll find strong support on both sides. A two post will allow more access for heavy work, but isn't the greatest for storage, and it's a fixed mount. My four post has casters to allow it to be repositioned within the shop as needs/layout change, and the drip trays work great for storing something underneath it. With the bridge jack, I can do most things I need to that require the suspension to be unloaded. My car also won't allow most 2 post arms under it without having to pull up on risers or jack the car up to allow the arms under the exhaust. With the 4 post, I just drive right on and raise it up without the hassle of positioning arms.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 4 post in the garage for the Roadster and a 2 post in another shop on my farm property. I like the 4 post mainly for the convenience of just driving on . The 2 post is great for getting the wheels in the air, but I always find it a PITA to get down on my knees to position the arms at the lifting points. (Not as young and flexible anymore.)

·
Registered
518 Posts
other than the slicing jack I’d recommend putting the led light kit on it. lights up the whole bottom of car when working on it. ill take pics off mine lit up tomorrow and post.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
other than the slicing jack I’d recommend putting the led light kit on it. lights up the whole bottom of car when working on it. ill take pics off mine lit up tomorrow and post.
Look forward to seeing it. Sounds handy.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any one install one on their own? Seems easy enough.

Jason
I seriously considered it, but ended up having the local dealer who sold it to me do the install. The biggest issue on my part was getting it delivered. If I freighted it in, I had no way to get it on a trailer or off at the house (it's HEAVY). The two guys who installed used a small fork lift and took well less than half the time I would have needed doing by myself. Plus, they were very familiar with the setup.

If you have a few strong friends and can dolly the individual pieces around (power/ram runner is the heaviest piece), you can get it done. Be prepared for a really long day or maybe two.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I seriously considered it, but ended up having the local dealer who sold it to me do the install. The biggest issue on my part was getting it delivered. If I freighted it in, I had no way to get it on a trailer or off at the house (it's HEAVY). The two guys who installed used a small fork lift and took well less than half the time I would have needed doing by myself. Plus, they were very familiar with the setup.

If you have a few strong friends and can dolly the individual pieces around (power/ram runner is the heaviest piece), you can get it done. Be prepared for a really long day or maybe two.
I figured. Thank you!

·
FFCobra Website Stalker
105 Posts
My dealer charged $500.00 for delivery and install - well worth it. They brought an engine puller to pick up and move the big stuff. Actually worked great for that.
These guys do this every day, so it was interesting to watch them put things together in the order they did. It's worth the comfort in know it was done right.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts