Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Licensed!

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CFranks 
#1 · (Edited)
Went for my second inspection WITH heat shields this time and voila! It passed; got my VIN and plates!

Although this was 2 months passed my self-imposed deadline, it was exactly 1 year since I received my order from FFR.
Kinda amazing.

Now I get to drive it in the cool autumn until the end of October, then the body comes off and winter project of prepping for paint (scrub, scrub, scrub, sand, sand, sand on and on and on).

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Fantastic!! Congrats!!

#4 ·
Congrats!
I was going to ask where in Canada you were but saw the BC tag, I’m in Ontario.
I see you moved your pedal pads to the left, I did the same and as soon as I got on the road I found I kept catching the brake pedal when pushing the clutch in. Cut one set of holes off the brake and problem solved.
Ended up cutting the clutch to match and it makes it easier to get your foot past it to rest.
Enjoy, be safe, hope you get some nice dry fall weather!

#5 ·
Way to go Daryl!

Now drive, drive, drive! Get wet, dry it off, drive it some more!! :grin2:

Tell me about how you did insuring with ICBC when you get a chance?

Sean

#7 ·
Hey Sean,
It was no big deal for me. But for them, it was horrendous! They very rarely do these home-built cars so they really didn't know what to do. I would tell them but they would get on the phone to ICBC head orfice (yes, orfice) and, after about 5 - 10 mins get told the same thing. Anyway, it was 50 mins total that I will never get back. On the bright side, my car is registered as a 1965 Cobra. The mechanical inspectors had added 'AC' to the Cobra type. ICBC was going to list it as an 1965 AC Cobra but I said 'no'. So it is a 'reblt' (rebuilt). I don't think the other way was legal. Anyway, now I can get collector plates for her. On the not-so-bright side, I asked if I could use my old vanity plate which led to another ICBC call and was told 'no' as it emphasized speed. My former plate was 'BLUBYU'. When I applied for the plate I said the reason was my car was blue and I like the song. It was approved. Two weeks later, the Vancouver Sun ran a front page story of the 5 most rejected plates. In the picture of them was mine! #2!!!!
Anyway, next spring after I paint her, I will try again for it. If I don't get it, I will settle for the collector plates.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.