Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this the other day in the wrong forum and wanted more to see it-

Just got off the track at Thunderhill driving Mike Eastons challenge car. He just finished installing the Levy Stage 6 408
. (This a a fully forged, internally balanced 408 with a custom solid roller cam. It is 10-1 compression and dynoed at 633hp and 600lbft of torque with a very flat curve, that's with a 750 pro series carb and unported Victor Jr heads - Levy Racing). It also has Gordons 5 link rear end.

Holy Sh*T!!!!!!!!! :D

Unfortunately I was forced to lift on the front straight at 145-150 because the front of the car starts getting really light. This was in 4th gear. Power is on demand and unbelievable, it just pulls and pulls.

The 5 link rear end is great in the corners; it's really solid and predictable but eats up the bumps.

Fortunately Mike added Wilwood 6 piston calipers and a full halo cage, this thing is a MONSTER!

Were trying to find a camera to get some pics.

Nice work Gordron. Very nice.

-Update 1.

After Posting I went out for another group 4 session and confirmed my prior "research". Blew by a E36 M3 coming out of 15 like he was standing still. Came up on a Gen2 RX7 so fast he spun between 6 and 7 in the straight. With Donny Edwards taking it out between my 2 excursions we actually managed to over work the brakes! Apparently Gordon can make more power than 13" wilwoods and 6 piston calipers can stop. What I didn't know at the time is the car also has Gordon's super-alloy T5 which never skipped a beat and put the power down with ease.

The shift light is comparable to a strobe on the straightaways with no wheel spin whatsoever.

to Gordon!

[ June 05, 2007, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Hozr ]

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With different rear springs...No problem

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Man, that's insane!! Do you have any pictures?

·
Junior Charter Member
222 Posts
Come on with the pics!

I am curious to see this thing. How about a video with sound?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
We need a video, you know the rules!!

Sounds like you two had too much fun.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,785 Posts
Andy, It sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm glad you liked the package.
Mike is still using the standard street/race pad in that car. It we went with SRF fluid and a more agressive pad compound, not even Donny could kill them.
I would like to see video or some pics also.

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
Yes, video please!! That engine/tranny/rear combo sounds like the ticket! Do you think a chin spoiler and air ducts to cool the brakes would help?

Cheers
Bill

·
Super Moderator
29,537 Posts
oops, double post

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We were talking about either an air dam or splitter, adding brake ducts, and maybe even a rear wing. Power steering was another discussion.

I hate to say it but I was so busy Sunday I didn't have a chance to pick up the pictures. Maybe they can email them to me. After some serious discussion we think the car with some aero-mods and tweaking could do low 1:50's High 1:40's at T-hill.

Those are Motorcycle times.

No video that I know of. Maybe at Infineon end of the month Mike?

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the only pic I have right now.

At least the stripes match!!!!!

Click the pic for bigger.....StRiPeS!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
985 Posts
I like the headlights on those a lot better than Hoofa's!

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
the motor just pulls even at 150 and i still had another gear left just not enough track. guess i will be putting the brake ducts back on and making a air dam/splitter.
when donny came back in after testing the brakes were smoking he raised his visor, his eyes were wide open and all he could say was f***.....

efnfast to pop wheelies i would have to change the rear springsfrom 550# to about 200-300#

hopefully we will be able to mount a camera at the end of the month at sears.......mike

·
Caress of Steel
2,178 Posts
3 words for you - Silver State Classic. Rap that motor out and see what it's really do!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.