Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my exhaust yesterday back from Travis at Levy Racing. This setup is the straight 3" pipe with the option of baffles. I am planning on seeing how the setup sounds without the baffles first.

The fitment is great! I will have to re-route the alternator wires though as they are very close to the header, but other than that simple to bolt up and I can reach all of the bolt positions without any problems.

I went with satin black, although there are other colors available.

20121013-Cobra-0331 by akpingel, on Flickr

20121013-Cobra-0332 by akpingel, on Flickr

Passenger side:

20121013-Cobra-0337 by akpingel, on Flickr

20121013-Cobra-0346 by akpingel, on Flickr

Driver's side:

20121013-Cobra-0339 by akpingel, on Flickr

20121013-Cobra-0340 by akpingel, on Flickr

Progress!!

20121013-Cobra-0345 by akpingel, on Flickr

My plan is to crank the car up on 11/3. I will take a video to share when its running. Also if you have questions about fitment or whatever don't hesitate to ask. I highly recommend this setup plus Gordon and Travis are great to work with. Travis threw a bunch of concepts at me and ultimately I wanted this simplicity and classic look of the straight pipe design and they came out great!

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
coolest headers

Those maybe the nicest looking headers I have ever seen. I live in Phoenix so I will have to to go by Levy and see them in person. I should receive my kit this next week. I am running the Coyote motor as well. I have a bunch of questions but I will limit them for now. Are you running PS and PB? Is that AC in the pictures or just a heater?

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,645 Posts
You welcome it come by anytime. Feel free to call me at 520-494-2745.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Amazing set of side pipes

It would be amazing to see a set up like this for 351 Windsor in a Street version.

Stunning

·
14,645 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stopping by

I will defiantly take you up on that. It has been my life long dream to have one of these cars. I am building it with my dad. I have talked about doing it for years. I was reminded at my parents 50th anniversary that my dad is 72, so the time is now. We went to the build school in September, then to FFR to tour and order the car. The instructors at the build school speak very highly of you. I will be in touch. I already have my drive train, but I have tons of questions and options I am considering.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sexy, any plans for a 4.6 4v variant?

Since it's so similar to the Coyote, any thoughts of producing a variant for the 4.6 4V Gordon? I've been on the fence about 4-into-4's and this might be a much better alternative for me. I was already going to have to do something about noise for autox.

·
14,645 Posts
Scott, really haven't thought to much about it but I suppose we could build them. I would need to know the port design and the locations differences between the 4v and the Coyote.

Dubla, they are as close to equal length as we can get.

·
14,645 Posts
All of our complete systems ceramic coated is $2995.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Really Fair Price

Love this set up. Much preferred over the standard flanged FFR setup but I am a little worried about fitment.

There have been so many challenges with the FFR supplied header and this seems to offer very little in the way of shimming or adjusting.

I am currently planning on a Ford Racing 427. Z Heads. How would the fit be addressed? Is there a jig available for use as a template?

Can O2 bungs be installed for the O2 sensor if I go with EFI?

Amazing setup by the way

Thanks

·
14,645 Posts
We have proper jigs for 9.5" deck, 8.2" deck and Coyote engines. They will fit your heads and we can add O2 bungs. We have on several sets. You will need to make the cutout in the body a little larger for these pipes.
351 based headers are 1 7/8" stepped to 2" primary into a 3.5" sidepipes. The 302 and coyote are 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" into a 3" sidepipe.
Here is a recent set on a stage 5.5 427 windsor making well over 500rwhp and a set on a full bore race car,
Untitled Album | Facebook
Timeline Photos | Facebook

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
Now you need to make a 289 Fia config Gordon!

·
14,645 Posts
Get me a good pic and I probably can.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts