Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read tons of info on this forum all about the SAI mod and have decided it is a desirable mod to have (I'm a newbie and this forum has done wonders for my knowledge already...... but has made my wallet much lighter:wacko:.... but I digress). I know that several on the forum have successfully done the SAI mod on a pin drive width setup. I have seen this done with Gordon Levy's billet lower control arms, but not with his billet uppers (only with the FFR uppers).

I recently bought my kit (will be coming in Feb) and my planned setup is going to be 17" pin drive wheels (from VintageWheelsUS.com) with Gordon Levy's billet upper and lower control arms with Gordon's Koni shocks. This will be a pin drive width setup.

My question is this: Can the SAI mod be done with this setup? Specifically has anyone done or seen the SAI mod done with a pin drive width setup using Levy's billet upper and lower control arms (+/- Levy's Koni's)? I have done a fairly exhaustive search on the forum specifically for this setup, but I can't seem to find any info about this specific setup. Do you guys think that doing the SAI mod with setup would be worthwhile in terms of improved handling? I have not come across a single posting that says the SAI mod was 'bad'- the results appear favorable and possibly even spectacular which is why I'm considering this. Any advice would be appreciated!!!:wave:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

Anyone???:huh:

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
CS Cobra 65--
I have done that set-up but with standard width.
The only problem I had was the upper control arm hit the rim, this was cured with a small spacer pushing the rim out about 3/16 of an inch.
Sorry I don't have any photos of the finished set-up
But the car handles like its on a rail.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CS Cobra 65--
I have done that set-up but with standard width.
The only problem I had was the upper control arm hit the rim, this was cured with a small spacer pushing the rim out about 3/16 of an inch.
Sorry I don't have any photos of the finished set-up
But the car handles like its on a rail.
Thanks for your input. I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it works out.:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts