Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
15,282 Posts
I always think it's fabulous when the guys here get published for their work. Half the time, it's kind of "no surprise" because we already KNOW what good work they do. But the public recognition is awesome. I'll have to get down to the newsstand.

Gordon -- congrats!

Cheers, John

·
USAF Lifer (Retired)
1,221 Posts
NAGA That was the first article I read when I got my issue. Gawd! 690HP out of a 355. Dang near 2hp per In3. :eek: The Brodix BF200's and NASCAR Manifold I'm sure are major contributors. I'm curious about the grind of the cam. Hey Gordon! What is your secret??

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,802 Posts
Thanks Guys. It also helps when you have a customer that let's us stretch our legs and really build something awsome.
By the way, That car with a pro driver ran the car a month ago with the owner in the pass. seat and ran 3 seconds quicker than a Trans Am car on the same track.

·
14,802 Posts
Tim, Matthew, our engineer designed that cam. It makes unreal power but is very easy to drive.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Hey Gordon, congrats on getting published! Back last January when I was visiting Phoenix on business I stopped by the shop and met Gordon and the guys and this car was in the shop being worked on at that time.

You guys should see the chassis on this car. Gordon and his guys went to town to design and build an excellent basis for that hot engine. What is it Gordon...something like 300% more torsional rigidity than a FFR spec racer chassis? The undercar exhaust looked and sounded killer and it had the widest slicks on both the front and rear I've seen on any FFR yet the tires still tuck in nicely under the fenders.

To be faster than a Trans Am car is insane! I think this must be the six figure FFR that Gordon has hinted about in prior posts here on the forum.

·
14,802 Posts
It is a solid roller. The engine will turn over 8000 revs. This engine was less than 11-1 compression also.

·
USAF Lifer (Retired)
1,221 Posts
Gordon, Going to market the cam to us mortals? Or perhaps a slighly milder one that will get 500hp from a 393?

·
Super 7 Addict
717 Posts
Do you have any dyno graphs of the engine, I didn't see it in the mag.

Also what octane is it running and have you dyno'd it on pump gas?

·
14,802 Posts
I can't post the dyno graphs. We do sell this cam but the power band is a little high for a 393. A major part of getting the hp we did was the Brodix/Neal heads.
Currently we are building a 9.5-1 compression, 600+hp BB with AC, High end audio, road race supension, and a hard top. This is going to be interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Congrats on being published! I'll have to pick up this months issue. Later.

-SGC

·
USAF Lifer (Retired)
1,221 Posts
Gordon, Didn't NASCAR outlaw Brodix heads?

·
14,802 Posts
Tim, Yes they did. The Brodix head made to much power for NASCAR. They're great for things like this though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.