Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was running late model FI but have switched to the Edelbrock ProFlo4 FI. I like the look a lot better
So how are you liking the ProFlo4? I hear a lot of good things about it and you're right it sure does look good!

Steve

·
Registered
263 Posts
So far so good! Very easy to set up and includes intake and dizzy! My only complaint would be the wiring harness seem to be generic so all the wiring is extra long. Like the injector wires were all way too long. I understand they don’t know where everything will be onthe car, but most of the sensors and injectors are in fixed locations so they could have done a little more custom harness lengths.

My 95 FI injection ran good but there were some issues with idle and light cruise that I never could figure out with the TWEECER I was using so I bagged it all and switched to this. Much happier now 😊

·
Junior Charter Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
So far so good! Very easy to set up and includes intake and dizzy! My only complaint would be the wiring harness seem to be generic so all the wiring is extra long. Like the injector wires were all way too long. I understand they don’t know where everything will be onthe car, but most of the sensors and injectors are in fixed locations so they could have done a little more custom harness lengths.

My 95 FI injection ran good but there were some issues with idle and light cruise that I never could figure out with the TWEECER I was using so I bagged it all and switched to this. Much happier now 😊
I have a FOMOCO harness and a 9AL with a TWEECER. I have never used it before. Did you fing it easy to navigate? I have never done tuning but I am an ASE certified mechanic and also IT.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It was easy enough to navigate. I think it was more the fact I was using the T4M0 ECU from the 95 Mustang. I think the A9L's are much more adaptable so maybe you will have better luck. Maybe given time I would have eventually figured it out, but I decided I would let the self-learning PROFLO figure it out and it looks better too IMHO.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Junior Charter Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It was easy enough to navigate. I think it was more the fact I was using the T4M0 ECU from the 95 Mustang. I think the A9L's are much more adaptable so maybe you will have better luck. Maybe given time I would have eventually figured it out, but I decided I would let the self-learning PROFLO figure it out and it looks better too IMHO.
I also think the "carb" look is better and more period correct.

One of my goals with this build is to build the car in such a manner that it is a serviceable vehicle. In other words if I break down I can go to XZone and buy the part I need. I will be using this car as a DD so I'm using Fox Body off the shelf parts anywhere and everywhere I can. I am also using new parts vs "Donor" so far the only parts I am using that are not new are rebuilt , Engine, ECM, Rear end and Transmission. I also used the LCA after rebuilding them and the pedal box. That's it.

·
277 Posts
Does it effect low rpm torque.
it do seem to affect the low end but with suck a light car a few pounds of torque on the low end isnt going to be missed , we chose this one because it dont cover the valve cover on the driver side and to be blunt i hate the look of the old manifold this looks better

·
277 Posts
it do seem to affect the low end but with suck a light car a few pounds of torque on the low end isnt going to be missed , we chose this one because it dont cover the valve cover on the driver side and to be blunt i hate the look of the old manifold this looks better

21 - 30 of 30 Posts