Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
There was a time I was going with what you have. I was also going to custom design a logo on that top plate where you now have Shelby but ended up buying a Trick Flow Top End Kit for a really good price. The design could have been the FFR logo or something of my own.

As the evolution of the Ford manifold changed through the years the intake tubes became more and more off set from a straight line to the GT-40 manifold tube which were the most off set. I think you would have the second generation of manifolds for the 302 engine.

George

·
Not a waxer
11,906 Posts

·
Official OLD GUY
3,843 Posts
It took me a while to locate one of these in good shape but my stubbornness prevailed . . .

Looks like this on the engine:

Doc

Reactions: [email protected]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,429 Posts
Just personal opinion but I think the intake looks fine in a Mustang and not so great on an FFR.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Just personal opinion but I think the intake looks fine in a Mustang and not so great on an FFR.
That, and they are not very effective. I had an original tube type like Doc's, and I thought it looked good, but didn't really help make HP.

·
HighTech Redneck
621 Posts
I swapped valve covers and did some accenting on mine. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

-Kyle

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Official OLD GUY
3,843 Posts
Rich,
I agree, not as efficient as a lot of others but on my [almost] stock block 5.0, it was more of a "fashion statement" then a practical venture. I couldn't pass it up for the money asked for . . . and I needed an intake.

Real time recon, yours is off the chart WOW! - I love it

Doc

Reactions: Real time recon

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was running late model FI but have switched to the Edelbrock ProFlo4 FI. I like the look a lot better

1 - 20 of 26 Posts