Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performing my due diligence, to ensure I don't make a bone-head mistake, I searched on the installation and orientation of the Lemans Cap.
Looks like the concensus is anywhere from 9:00 to 10:30 for the cap to flip open and out of the way and not interfere with the body. Seems obvious to me, but agreed.

Not quite clear (I also read the manual and it's pretty sparse).
Locate the template in the appendix (ok, I checked 3 times. No Fuel Filler template in the appendix!) but I think I can wing it based on the rubber gasket. btw, I don't think I can get a jig-saw in the recess to cut out a hole, but I'll resolve that too, one way or another. That's pretty much all the manual says.

Any other tips? Looks pretty straight-forward. I'm assuming there were significant changes from prior versions of the Lemans Cap flange/mounting, because the older topics talk about un-screwing the collar and drilling the holes. And modifying the plastic cap. I don't see any new topics, so I'm assuming these issues were resolved (but I hate to assume).

I don't think this is required for the MK4 version, correct?

· Junior Charter Member
650 Posts
Cut the hole in the body using a hole saw chucked up in a drill motor, the larger the hole saw the better. Fine tune the hole with a Dremel or a die grinder with a drum sander.

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that was my plan. Start small and work up to the size.
Hole saw, then a drum sander.
Same approach as the side-pipes and headlights.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.