Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ed,

The left side of the donor dash pod (89) seems to be dead (Tach, Water Temp, Volt Meter). It was dead on the donor and I have installed a new computer. I'm using the donor harness.

Volt light comes on before start and goes out when engine starts. I have searched the forum and I'm now aware of why the Alt. was not charging. I will install a resistor as per your previous instructions. I was not going to install a charge light. Can I just install the resistor?

I'm using Autometer gauges from Tri-States and want to dump the pod.

The Water Temp is mechanical, so no worries.

What about the Tach? The Bat. circuit on the "printed" circuit is dead. The Tach sender circuit is sending a constant 12v. Any advice on how I can wire it without the pod connections?

Can I wire the volt meter inline before the 510 ohm resistor? Other thoughts?

Finally, I unpluged and promptly lost the donor dash dimer. What wire or connections do I need to locate to wire past the dimmer?

Your help as always is greatly appreiated.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,004 Posts
Grizzle,
I just read your post and it looks more complicated that I first guessed.
I'll see if I can help fix your problem and answer your questions in the morning when I've got more time.

Look to hear from me tomorrow.

Ed
FFR1997K

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,004 Posts
Grizzle,
Check to make sure you have the power input to that side of the pod.
That sounds like why those gauges are not working.

You can just install the resistor, but it's nice to have the charge light. Simple way of knowing if the alternator quits working.

Connect the voltmeter to any +12 Volts ans Ground.
This will tell you the battery voltage.

For the dimmer, look for a Brown wire.
This is hot when lights are on.
The output to the dash lamps (from the dimmer) is LB/R.

Ed
FFR1997K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts