Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased two 11" LED strip lights for this purpose. They have a ridged mounting back with 2 holes for screws. My first thought was to mount them to the gas tank cover on either side. However, I don't want to see them from the back, and not having the body on yet, can't tell if this will be the case. Any suggestions or photos would be helpful for my MK IV.

·
Well Used Member
251 Posts
I made a drop down bracket, from the flat aluminum just inside the trunk lid. The LED's are plenty bright for one bar.
Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Reactions: Jeffrey C Bahret

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am going to have to add back up lights to my list of things to do. It would be nice to have the light when backing up at night. The bigger thing is that people will stop behind you and not know that you are trying to back up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I made a drop down bracket, from the flat aluminum just inside the trunk lid. The LED's are plenty bright for one bar. View attachment 365834 View attachment 365835 View attachment 365836
View attachment 365834 View attachment 365835 View attachment 365836
I made a drop down bracket, from the flat aluminum just inside the trunk lid. The LED's are plenty bright for one bar. View attachment 365834 View attachment 365835 View attachment 365836
View attachment 365834 View attachment 365835 View attachment 365836
I did mine just like the above, works great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts