Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think?

tko600...There is a decent amount of fluid on the trans bolts after sitting for a few weeks. The leak looks like its from the speedo gear. Does it just need to heat cycle? over filled? need to replace?

Second leak is really weird. Its on the rear end near the pumpkin in what looks like a welded spot? There are 4 of these areas on the rear, but this is the only one that has started to leak.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
It looks like the speedometer fitting to the transmission (can't think of the term for it this early in the am) is not capped off. Since you are using the electronic speedo you are leaving the spot for the mechanical speedo cable open. It will leak slowly but not a lot. I plugged mine with silicone. You can also buy a replacement at any parts store that has the end capped off.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,222 Posts
I have Forte's Speedo block off plate for the TKO-600 and won't be using it. I paid $25. for it. If that is what you need I'll take $20. shipped.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I originally wanted to plug it off and use the built in sensor, but that one is on the other side and I did not want to run the wire across the trans.

any comments on the rear.

·
HighTech *******
624 Posts
any comments on the rear.
Is that on the axle tube? It looks like one of the plug welds where the axle tubes are welded in. I can't make any recommendation on what to do about it, but I bet one of these guys knows...

HTH

-Kyle

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, thats is the axle tube where the plug weld is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.